While the operators of motorcycles have increased with rising cost of gasoline, unfortunately, this mode of transportation offers little protection when involved in a motor vehicle collision. In 2009, the Florida Department of Transportation reported that over 90% of individuals involved in a motorcycle crash were injured. Over 15% of the traffic fatalities reported in Florida were motorcycle drivers and their passengers.
After a motorcycle accident occurs, you will likely have many questions.
- How do I get my motorcycle repaired or replaced?
- Am I entitled to alternative transportation?
- Who is going to pay for this?
- Who is going to pay for my medical bills?
- If I miss time from work, will I be reimbursed for my lost wages?
- Which doctor should I see to help me recover from my injuries?
- What type of doctor is best for me?
- Should I go see my family doctor or a medical specialist?
- Will I require some special medical tests to diagnose my injuries?
- Should I talk to an insurance company?
- Should I provide a recorded statement or complete numerous forms?
- Should I accept a settlement offer, if one is made?
The best decision you can make before doing anything is to speak with a lawyer and ask all of these questions. This will insure that your rights are properly protected.
After being involved in a motorcycle accident, you may not be quite sure what to do. By calling or contacting me, I will:
- Personally help you through this ordeal.
- Provide appropriate legal advice to you.
- Assist you in getting your motorcycle repaired or replace, at no additional cost to you.
- Attempt to arrange alternative transportation for you, to be paid by the negligent party’s insurance company.
- If you miss work, I will immediately seek to have your lost wages reimbursed, if you have the appropriate insurance coverage.
- If you require medical attention and you do not know the name of a reputable medical specialist, I will personally provide you with a list of medical specialists who are experts in treating individuals injured in motor vehicle collisions.
As a former trial attorney for major insurance companies, I will only recommend respected medical specialists who are concerned about your physical well-being and who are respected in both the medical and legal community.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident and need an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer, please contact me, Steven Ainbinder, for a free, confidential consultation. I personally believe that our system of justice works best when both sides have a skilled professional representing their clients.